On the pitch side we field our 1st team playing league rugby in the RBS West Division 3, a development XV that plays regular matches against local opposition and very occasionally a veterans team who play against anyone they believe they can beat! We have a great blend of experienced and inexperienced players and although winning on the pitch is our main focus there is a great effort made to ensure we have fun doing it!
We were winners of the Majorca Beach Rugby Men’s Shield – 2013, our first ever European trophy!
There are many social aspects to our club, so you don’t have to be the best player in the world to enjoy what we have to offer at Bishopton.
“The man who makes no mistakes, is the man who never tries anything”
See our upcoming Fixtures and Results page
Ready to Play
- Old clothes you don’t mind getting dirty / muddy
- Waterproofs / Tracksuit if cold or wet (we have changing/showering facilities)
- T-Shirt or base layer if cold and outdoors
- Sports Mouth Guard (about £2.50 available from supermarkets & sport shops)
- Football or Rugby boots (we train on grass and 3G in winter)
- Rugby shorts – we have socks and other kit available for sale
- Team strips (top) when playing games are provided
- Water bottle (please avoid high energy drinks)
Keen to Help
Interested in helping? We are always looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help out with the coaching, both on a weekly or just an occasional basis when time allows. If you feel you would like to join us in this very rewarding venture then please let us know and we will arrange the coaching courses! firstname.lastname@example.org