Bishopton Rugby Club are seeking a new Head Coach for the coming season. We have a young First XV and we are looking for someone to help develop their consistency and skills within a positive team spirit.
We have a strong community club ethos, with a thriving and constantly expanding junior Section. We are also supporting our local High School, to become a School of Rugby. With the housing development of a further 3,500 homes being built in the village over the coming years, we are working within the community to ensure a new 21st century Sports and leisure facility is built, with a 3G World Rugby pitch at its heart. There clearly is a lot of potential in Bishopton and we are looking for someone to help maximise this over the coming years.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead our Senior Rugby coaching team
- Develop the skills of the players
- Attract and recruit new players
- Develop a high performance team by running challenging, active and effective coaching sessions.
- Liaise with partners and schools to strengthen links
- Undertake coach development with other club coaches
- Be present at all coaching sessions and games
- Attend coaching/committee meetings
- Ensure there is a consistent approach to player management and selection
- Communicate with all male players regarding selection, arrangements for matches, training schedules, etc.
- Applicants should hold IRB Rugby Right plus UKCC Level 2 Qualification.
- Candidates, currently working towards Level 2 will be considered.
- Show commitment, drive and ambition which will command respect within the club.
- We will consider both experienced coaches and players looking to move into a Player/Coaching role with a proven playing track record.
The position is a voluntary role, however reasonable expenses will be considered by the Management committee.
If you are interested in this role call Andy Jackson for a preliminary discussion on 07894906967 or email your rugby CV to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Friday 30th June 2017.