Bishopton Rugby Midi Section, launched on March 21st 2010, welcomes all enthusiastic participants of secondary school age. Our meet time is 10:00am every Sunday morning and Tuesday nights at 6pm at Holmpark playing fields in Bishopton, the sessions last for one hour. All you need are clothes you can run about in and a good sense of fun.
U16’s training is on Monday and Thursday at 6:30pm.
If you would like to email for more information we have four midi section:
Ready to Play
- Old clothes you don’t mind getting dirty / muddy
- Waterproofs / Tracksuit if cold or wet (and a towel for the car seat)
- T-Shirt or base layer if cold and outdoors
- Sports Mouth Guard (about £2.50 available from most supermarkets and sport shops)
- Football or Rugby boots (trainers for indoors) we operate a “boot bin”
- Rugby shorts – we have socks and other kit available for sale
- We subsidise training tops if you wish to buy for £30
- We also can supply junior rugby shorts £20 and socks £10
- Team strips (top) when playing games are provided
- Water bottle (please avoid high energy drinks)
- A willingness to challenge yourself, to be the best you can be
“A man may fail many times,
but he isn’t a failure until he begins to blame somebody else”
When your child gets too big for their boots, we have a “boot bin” so the boots can get passed on. Any boots, in reasonable condition, can be donated to the club and used by a new set of feet. With little feet growing fast, it can be costly to keep their boots fitting correctly. We hope this helps and by giving a little donation to the club for each pair taken, means we can pay for new equipment, indoor winter training and subsidise playing tops.
Keen to Help
Interested in helping? We are always looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help out with the coaching, both on a weekly or just an occasional basis when time allows. If you feel you would like to join us in this very rewarding venture then please let us know and we will arrange the coaching courses! email@example.com